If you wish to build a successful digital marketing team, you should start by defining your objectives first and let that define the roles and skills that you need to bring in.
Where to Start Building Your Team
If you are a Director or business owner, start by bringing in a Head of Digital Marketing and work together on defining the strategy. You can follow the formula I showed you in the previous video. Noting here that the Head of Digital Marketing can be different from a Head of Marketing as the skills required for this can be different.
You can follow the formula I showed you in the previous video/article to help you define your strategy. Noting here that the Head of Digital Marketing can be different from a Head of Marketing as the skills required for this can be different.
Having said this, see below 7 roles that can bring huge value to your company in this digital age.
The 7 Roles You Need in Your Digital Marketing Team
1. Content Manager – responsible for content strategy and creation
2. SEO Manager – responsible for for search engine optimisation
3. SEM Manager – to lead the paid strategy
4. Social Media Manager – Responsible for leading the social Media strategy
5. Digital Marketing Analyst – Responsible for driving insights from data and for building the reporting strategy
6. Graphic Designer – Responsible for the creation of marketing materials
7. Marketing Automation Manager – that leads the marketing automation strategy.
You can also decide to use agencies to manage some of the above. At the same time, you can diversify the roles even further. For example, you may identify that you need different roles for the different social media channels: a person to handle LinkedIn, while another to be focused on a channel like TikTok. As I was saying at the beginning, it’s all dependent on your own objectives and projects.
How does your digital team look like currently?!